We urge you to read these instructions thoroughly. They contain important information which will support your application.
Please submit your online Family Covenant of Financial Need as soon as you decide to apply for an adjusted tuition.
The deadline to submit your online Tuition Adjustment (TA) application is July 31, 2018.
- To apply, go to the Riverstone School website and click “Admission Tuition Adjustment”.
- The earliest you may begin the application process is June, 2018.
Your TA application will require you to submit:
- First two (2) pages of your most recent federal tax return
- IRS form 4506
- Documentation for all other sources of income (e.g., social security, welfare, food stamps, unemployment benefits, child support, worker’s compensation, etc.)
- Any 1099’s
- Submit the first two (2) pages of your 2017 federal income tax return. All completed schedules
must be included. Plan to complete your tax preparation accordingly. Email documents to Riverstone School Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your 2017 tax forms will not be complete by the deadline, please upload a statement explaining why, as well as a projected submission date, to the TA site or email to email@example.com. If an extension is filed, upload documentation of the extension to the TA site or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All parents or guardians–including those who are divorced, separated, or never married–and non-parent spouse/partner are required to contribute relevant information as part of completing the forms. If a special circumstance precludes a parent/guardian from participating in the TA process, an explanation and documentation will be required.
- If you are the owner of an S Corporation you must fill out and submit a supplementary business form. The TA application prompts you for the necessary information and documentation.
- A $25 processing fee will be paid online at the time of submission of the TA application.
- Tuition for Riverstone School’s holistic, experiential, and inspirational educational program includes:
- Daily yoga, meditation, and guide word journal
- Foundational education in science, math, language arts, social studies, and foreign language
- Synergistic courses in fine arts, cooking, science, media arts, and theatre
- Daily organic, gluten-free, dairy-free lunch and snack
- All classroom supplies, books, and materials
- All day access to herbal tea, therapeutic essential oils, and crystals
- The TA Committee reviews each application carefully. In order for the TA Committee to make the best possible assessment of your situation, you must be thorough and complete. Your situation will not be reconsidered once the TA Committee has made a determination, unless you can demonstrate that your situation has changed significantly since the time you submitted your application. Corroboration of any such change will be required. Examples of changes would include loss of employment, change in household membership status, or major illness. Confirmation of such changes may be made by Riverstone School staff.
- Riverstone School and the TA Committee holds your information in strict confidence. In turn, we ask that you hold your family’s TA determination in strict confidence, as the TA Committee’s determinations are based on extensive private information and cannot be judged by anyone else.
- It is essential that all information included in the application accurately reflects your financial situation. If the TA Committee is unsure of the accuracy of the information you provided you will be contacted and asked to clarify details. Please note this may delay the TA Committee’s ability to make a decision in a timely manner. If you have any further questions please contact the Riverstone School Administrator at email@example.com or by calling 406-361-0433.